The Art Gallery and Museum spaces are regularly changed to display as much of Rochdale’s vast collection of art and museum artefacts as possible. Touchstones has quality art from all over the worldas well as having a dedicated space for local artists to display their work.
The Grade 2 listed building built in Yorkshire stone which was developed in three phases. The first phase, the section nearest to the Town Hall was opened to the public in 1884 as a Public Library. The second phase opened in 1903 after a long campaign by local dignitaries to establish a museum and art gallery. The third phase was completed in 1913 to provide additional space for the museum and gallery. Following a refurbishment in 2002, Touchstones was reopened and as well as being open to the public.
Creative Learning Studio Lead